CAPA In-Person Program
AFOA Canada is pleased to offer the CAPA In-Person Program. The In-Person certification option is for Senior Administrators and Executive Officers working in Aboriginal communities and organizations across Canada. Developed under the guidance of an Aboriginal CAPA Council, this is the only national program in Canada that addresses the competency needs of those working in Aboriginal environments. Session facilitators and guest speakers are “specialists” in their fields and proficient in Aboriginal matters.
This 18 day Program is delivered in six three-day sessions. Being assigned to one CAPA group for the Program, participants will have the opportunity to engage in interactive and participatory sessions with others working in similar environments. There will be pre-reading assignments prior to the commencement of each session. The Program curriculum covered is outlined by session.
CAPA Certification requires that the applicants:
Registration is Now Open!
- Successfully complete the six sessions of the CAPA In-Person Program.
- Successfully pass the CAPA Certification Examination.
- Sign an agreement to abide by the AFOA Canada Standards of Ethical Conduct.
- Be a member of good standing with AFOA Canada.
- Sign an agreement to maintain certification.
- Have a minimum of two years full time senior management, supervisory experience in an Aboriginal management environment
CAPA Cohort 6 - Schedule