Tell us about an initiative, project or program and how it contributes towards creating and maintaining a sustainable community through an economic, social or cultural means. How does it help to educate and develop capacity for your leadership and/or governance? Is it a local, regional, national or international initiative and are you partnering with federal, provincial or municipal governments, corporate Canada, educational institutions, non-profits or other Indigenous organizations? Tell us how your community or organization is actively demonstrating best practices that contribute to building a sustainable community? Do you have a success story to share and from which we can all learn from?
The presentation descriptions should contain no more than 250 words. Presentations should fit into one of the following five tracks and be relevant to the conference theme:
Concurrent sessions will focus on five themes:
- Financial Management – Best practices and trends in Indigenous Financial Management
- Business Trade and Development – Featuring success stories in community business development
- Leadership – Trends and governance success stories
- Community Administration – Best practices and trends in Indigenous Management
- Healthy Workplace (Human Resources) – Creating healthy work environments that reflect Indigenous culture
If you have a suggestion for a presentation and/or speakers, or would like to develop your own presentation on the above, please click here
to download a copy of the Call for Presentations.
Deadline for Submissions
The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 5, 2017 at 4:30 pm EDT
. The submissions should be prepared in Word format. Please send your submissions by email to George Rogerson, AFOA Canada Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org