Recognizing effort and rewarding excellence
MNP LLP & AFOA Canada are dedicated to helping Aboriginal leaders reach the highest standard of excellence in finance and management. This is one example of that commitment.
The Excellence in Aboriginal Leadership Award was created in 2004. It was designed to recognize and celebrate excellence and achievement in Aboriginal finance and management. Recipients have superior vision for excellence and innovation in finance and management, and demonstrated advanced expertise, outstanding professionalism and leadership. Their contributions have led to the betterment of Canadian Aboriginal communities, institutions and people.
There are two categories for nominations for the MNP-AFOA Canada Excellence in Aboriginal Leadership Award:
- The National category recognizes individuals who have contributed to the Aboriginal financial and/or management profession on a national or institutional level.
- The Regional category recognizes individuals who have contributed to the Aboriginal financial management profession on a regional or community level.
Awards are presented at a special ceremony at the AFOA Canada's National Annual Conference.
Award recipients receive complimentary conference registration and financial assistance for travel to/from the Conference.
We invite you to think about the people around you and to nominate someone who has demonstrated a special passion and drive in the interests of Aboriginal financial management. Who has strengthened and has built upon the successes we have achieved? Who exemplifies this mission through their day-to-day efforts?
Recipients of the MNP-AFOA Canada Excellence in Aboriginal Leadership Award continuously
demonstrate a sincere and long-term commitment to excellence in
Aboriginal finance and management in Canada.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Have had senior finance and management responsibilities in an Aboriginal community or organization.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills that have motivated and inspired others.
- Have made a significant contribution to the field of Aboriginal finance and management.
- Have made a measurable impact on the management, performance and/or governance of Aboriginal community(ies)/organization(s).
- Have raised the standards of Aboriginal finance and management practices.
All nominations must be submitted to AFOA Canada, based on the criteria above. Self-nominations will not be considered. AFOA Canada
reserves the right to use the Award recipients name in communication material regarding the Award.
Award recipients are selected by an Awards Selection Committee comprised of previous Award winners and senior Aboriginal financial executives from across the country.
to view AFOA Canada Awards and Scholarship General Regulations