2017 Indigenous Learning Centre Professional Development Scholarship
The Professional Development Scholarships are available to anyone who wishes to take AFOA Canada’s online courses for the Certified Aboriginal Financial Management (CAFM) Program, Certified Aboriginal Professional Administrator (CAPA) Program or Professional Development courses or one CAPA In-Person Session. This Scholarship is intended to offset full registration costs for AFOA Canada courses and help qualified candidates who do not have the financial resources required to;
- Pursue the CAFM educational program leading to the CAFM designation;
- Pursure the CAPA educational program leading to the CAPA designation; or
- Enroll in AFOA Canada's CAFM, CAPA or Professional Development courses
Funds have been allocated to the Scholarship Program and the Program has been approved by the Board of Directors.
What kind of Scholarships are available?
Professional Development Scholarship
The Professional Development Scholarship is now available for the following opportunities:
One (1) recipient who is currently enrolled or will enroll in a CAPA In-Person Session - scholarship value of $1,500
Two (2) recipients who wish to take AFOA Canada's online courses for the Certified Aboriginal Financial Management (CAFM) Program, Certified Aboriginal Professional Administrator (CAPA) Program - scholarship value of $535 each
Two (2) recipients who wish to take the Certified Indigenous Leaders (CIL) Program - scholarship value of $2,500 each
Scholarship awards allocated must be used for the program of study and the academic year specified on the application form.
Who Can Apply:
- All Canadian residents are welcome to apply however preference will be given to Aboriginal applicants
- Reside and work in Aboriginal community/organization
- Employed in a financial and/or management position
- In need of financial assistance