CAPA 12 - Knowledge of Culture & Language
This course will explore issues related to First Nations, Métis, Inuit knowledge, culture and language. Students will explore these issues within a community, provincial and national context and will have the opportunity to apply the knowledge by producing assignments that will be reflective of what they have learned.
At the end of the course, students will be expected to share their own personal and professional moral codes of ethics and how that will shape and or transform their current practice.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Provide advice based on an understanding of Aboriginal values, traditions, and cultural practices
- Demonstrate respect for local cultural values and customs
- Demonstrate respect for local languages and dialects
- Demonstrate respect for traditional knowledge and application in day-to-day work and decision making
- Demonstrate support for diverse perspectives and points of view
- Encourage and foster an environment that supports social and cultural learning and initiatives